Saturday, October 22, 2005

Procrastin.......ation

I am sitting here on a Saturday afternoon, trying to think of something to write, purely so that I can avoid doing all the dull chores that need doing: washing, tidying, vacuuming, cleaning out the fish tank, hanging my new curtains, and so on and so forth. And it occurred to me that a) "occurred" is a word that I always avoid using because I'm never sure I spell it correctly (I just looked it up), and b) if I could only change my priorities, I would use the washing, tidying, vacuuming, etc., etc. to avoid sitting staring into space trying to think of something to write here. And watching tedious rubbish on TV. And reading the Daily Mail.

In fact, if I made a list of things I needed to do, and included things that I didn't really need to do, I could do the things that are necessary just to avoid doing the things that aren't. Because most of my time is spent procrastinating, I just need to change my perspective and re-classify cleaning the loo to procrastination, rather than being something I have to do. Simple. I shall write a book and become a lifestyle guru!

Now to write that list... Hang on, what time's Strictly Come Dancing on...?

2 Comments:

At 11:55 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

If you need other procrastination activities, you could always strip the paint from our bathroom walls.

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Chris said...

I hope you've put 'making a list' on your list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home