Saturday, February 11, 2006

Powerpoint - we've no power, so what's the point?

Chux's generous comments on my 'management speak' blog have inspired me to write a quick update.

My employers are going through a period of resource re-alignment, so we are challenging all our deliverables and our processes. Not a fun time! But to relieve the tension, I am proud to report that I used the phrase 'float your boat' in a meeting this week, and actually made one of my colleagues snort his coffee out his nose. I was sitting next to my boss at the time and she even chuckled, so there's hope for us all. And, I made up the phrase 'one-touch process' (I'm pretty sure it already exists, but not in my world...) and used it in the same meeting - and had it quoted back to me 2 days later. It's this kind of thing that makes it all worthwhile.

No doubt I'll be appearing in a Dilbert cartoon any day now, but as long as I know I'm doing it on purpose, it's OK!

2 Comments:

At 10:22 pm, Blogger chux said...

hi thanks for the reference! Not too sure about your antics in the meeting tho. It all starts so innocently with oh i'm just having fun!! Never underestimate the Dark Side of the Force! You've already got people quoting you, my goodness! I haven't been over to your blog since the last time I commented but i'll definately come back again soon and check out your progress and what trouble you've been causing :-)
all the best
Chuckie
btw - thanks for popping by my way!

 
At 10:52 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

No - it's all OK, honestly, Chuckie. My boss told me the other day that she'd noticed me "rolling my eyes, crossing my arms and looking out of the window" when the waffling got too much! I laugh in the face of the Dark Side! But I appreciate your concern. :)
Keep the faith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home