Friday, May 31, 2024

Stuff and nonsense

There's so much stuff, isn't there? I've moved into my Mum's house and have been sorting out stuff for the best part of a year. I moved a lot of my stuff in, but not all of it yet. I've got rid of a lot of stuff, but there's still plenty to tackle. It feels like at least two carloads have gone to the charity shop. A bunch of stuff went up into the loft for car-booting. We did a car boot sale last weekend, and came home with probably less than a third of what we took. What's left has gone back up in the loft for next time. I've had boxes from home that needed unpacking (mostly books) so I bought a big bookshelf and assembled it. All my books went on it. Good. I've sorted a lifetime's worth of paperwork into two boxes of files, and filled to the brim an enormous bag for shredding. Nice. Hang on though. There's another box in another corner, full of stuff. And, wait a minute. What's behind that chair? A box? Full of stuff?
I'm trying not to think about the sheds, the cupboards, the wardrobes... Stuff it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home