Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Well, I was getting bored with my view anyway...

I arrived home today to the sound of chainsaws and chippers. The tree behind my flat was being felled. (Felled sounds too grand for such a little tree, but I couldn't think of the correct term...)

Considering how difficult it is to get the council to cut back trees that are blocking pavements, or getting rid of weeds that are blocking drains and destroying tarmac, this little tree must have been a real menace to society. Perhaps the borough has exceeded its leaf quota this year.

I don't have a proper picture of the tree itself, but here is the area to the right of the tree. You can just see a few of its bare branches on the left edge of the picture.



And this is the Crouch Oak. It's to the left of the ex-tree.















So, just imagine the area in between these two pictures, imagine a nice little tree with very bright green leaves, and now imagine it gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home