Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Laundromatters

The big news is that I've done all my laundry. All of it. Not only that - I've also put it all away. All of it. Putting away is my most least favourite thing in domestic life. I'd rather clean the toilet and the oven than put away clean laundry. But I've done it all. All the clothes, the towels and the bedding, plus the cosy blankets that live on the sofas for chilly evenings.

I've even washed the 'handwash only' stuff that's been loitering at the bottom of the laundry basket for ever. I decided to risk my (Tesco) cashmere jumper in my washing machine's wool cycle. After all, it's been scrunched up and unworn for about a year, so how much would I miss it if it was ruined. Anyway, it wasn't ruined and now I've got a lovely cashmere jumper to wear, now the weather's getting hot!

Though you know the problem with doing all the washing? The minute you finish, there's always more. I didn't even get a day with an empty laundry basket.

It's only taken me 5 months of unemployment to get my act together, laundry-wise...

1 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

Now you've got the taste for it, we've got some round our house you can do!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home