Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gotta get a message to me

My email inbox is telling me I have 5 unread messages. Except I don't. At least, I can't see them. I'm now convinced that these messages contain news of the perfect job, the lottery win, the surprise inheritance and the unexpected declaration of love. And one of them is spam. Something offering me a date with a lonely married woman, which seems to be what I get spammed with most these days.

As someone who checks her mail very frequently (and clicks the 'Check Mail' button at least 5 times in quick succession in case that life-changing email is tucked behind the virtual sofa cushion) these unseeable unread mails are driving me mad.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 pm, Blogger chux said...

oh dear - you need to get yourself out and about a bit more mate.

If you are desperate about the work situation, try this. Call all the local companies that you'd like to work for and ask their HR debt if they have vacancies that would use your skills. I usually prepare a bit on paper to make it easier to ask for exactly what I want and not to sound to desperate and unclear.

Believe me this works! Make sure you get a name to send your CV to, so you can call back and ask if they have looked at it!

It's defo better than sitting waiting for something to happen!!

otherwise, sod the lot and clear off to Thorpe Park for the day!

OH btw, I saw that Maryb is coming to town, and there was some mention about Friday?? If she's about with you around lunchtime and in the Weybridge area, i'm down the Pelican in Weybridge. (you must know it, especially as your Pete's sister) I'll have some workmates but no stuffy ones with me, but i'd love to say hi to you guys.

I know its unlikely to work out but I'm asking in case!!

either way, all the best and I hope Thomas is ok and your work sitch sorts itself soon enough!! (hint...try Sony in Weybridge, nice place to work and you can use you technolgy experience)

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

ahem..... could you pass those emails about lonley married women onto me.... thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home