Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back to school

I've decided to have a go at an Open University course. It occurred to me - a little late in the day, perhaps - that I should be making good use of all this free time to better myself. Having left school at 17, and not having touched a text book since, I'm starting gently with a course designed to ease me gently into study again.

Now, I hated school. I dropped out of college because I really didn't enjoy anything about education. And I've never regretted my decision, or that I didn't make it to university. So it will be interesting to see what happens, whether I've become studious over the last 20-ahem or so years.

I'm going to have a go at some of the OU's free courses to test the water. I'll need to get myself organised - 10 months of unemployment have left me routine-less, so it'll be a challenge to make sure I allocate time and focus to learning.

Tomorrow I will buy myself some new pencils and an exercise book. You know me - any excuse to buy stationery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home