Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanks for the... Sky

No, not the satellite TV service, but the big blue thing that keeps all the space stuff from falling on our heads.

At least once a week something will be happening in the sky that makes me stop and look and smile. Today, I had just finished working in the garden when I stood up and looked up to see a cloud formation coloured purple and red by the setting sun. I would have taken a photograph, but I was too busy standing looking at it and smiling...

Clouds are frequently interesting, of course, and so are sunsets. Rainbows are very cool. And a clear blue sky on a crisp Autumn day? Mmmmmm...

Oh, and the moon... A thin sliver of a crescent moon, a bright full moon shining through clouds, a huge, orange harvest moon.

There are so many beautiful and awesome sights in nature, but the sky is always there, wherever you are, whatever you're doing. You can be going about your everyday life and suddenly you are confronted with an amazing spectacle, just like that.

Sunset over the Solent

The evening sky from my back door
Addlestone rainbow

Evening view from Tesco Addlestone

3 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Blogger chux said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger chux said...

- let me try this again in English not Ingrish. (had to delete my previous comment due to being stoopid)

Nice post Jo. Glad to see someone is still interested in sharing their life. I love looking at the view of the sky over the sea down here...it makes me smile.

 
At 6:05 pm, Blogger chux said...

You have a mention on my blog, do pop over luvvy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home