Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow day!

OK, so we get a little bit of snow here in the South East of England, and everything grinds to a standstill.

I was supposed to sign on at the Job Centre today, so I decided to walk into Weybridge. I fancied the walk anyway, so I didn't bother to phone ahead to see if they were open. (Obviously, they weren't, but they took pity on me and let me in.)

The schools are closed (I'm sure they never closed once when I was there!) so I cajoled Thomas into joining me. Loads of people were out walking - it felt like Christmas, with all the "Good mornings" that you never get on normal days!

It took about an hour and a half to get there - just under 2 miles, according to Google Maps - but we were going faster than the cars!

We had 'brunch' to sustain us and dropped in on a friend, who kindly lent Thomas a coat. Somehow he'd got very wet...

It's always nice to get back in the warm, make a hot drink and snuggle in front of the telly after such a snowy adventure. Not before uploading the photos, though...


This is what I sent Thomas out into this morning - it wasn't long before he came back!



SNOWBALL FIGHT!


Icicles on the window ledge


The Crouch Oak



Another Addlestone tree



Don't shake the tree! (Yes, Thomas is under there...)



The view over Weybridge allotments - no digging today.

The bridge over the canal in Weybridge

A Weybridge lampost (lamppost?). They have a much better class of street lighting there...

As I write the snow's falling as heavily as it was first thing this morning, so I guess there'll be no let up yet. My other important obligation today was to give blood, but that's been cancelled. I would happily have battled my way there, but I can't pretend I'm not glad I don't have to!

So, feet up, kettle on! Keep warm everyone!

2 Comments:

At 10:20 pm, Blogger kittycakes said...

i miss the snow days! i may have a sympathy hot chocolate just to show my support! =)

 
At 11:42 am, Blogger chux said...

this is the second time i've gone back to have a look at these photos. I really don't enjoy winter, but when it snows everything looks beautiful. Thats not even mentioning the vast amount of possibilities to have fun !

Oh well it was nice while it lasted eh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home