Monday, February 23, 2009

It's all about meme

Update: this was fun to set, but just too tricky to solve. I've crossed through those that were guessed, but I've given the answers to the rest...

Another one courtesy of PT. Fun this one - I could have kept going all night!

Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line, or two, from the 1st 25 songs no matter how embarrassing/obscure. You can skip any instrumentals. If you see "____" below, then that bit is the title.
Step 3: Readers of the blog try and identify as many songs/artists as possible in the comments.
Step 4: Strike through once someone guesses both the artist and the track correctly.
Step 5: For those who are guessing, looking up the lyrics is CHEATING.
Step 6: If you like the game post your own.

I have to be honest that I skipped a few with incomprehensible lyrics, or that were just too plain obvious. But I think I've ended up with a good mix. Have a stab at it...

1. “Take all your chances while you can. Never know when they’ll pass you by.” Chances by Athlete
2. “And so your love sits down next to you and her body is cold and her lips are blue.” Wash Away by Nizlopi
3. “I used to ride with a vending machine repair man. He said he’s been down this road more than twice.” Every Day is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crowe
4. “Each day through my window I watch him as he passes by.” Just My Imagination by Bette Midler
5. “It’s not a spark that gives me life. It’s not the days I’m up all night.” You by Take That
6. “When you’re alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go” Downtown by Petula Clark
7. “I’m your only friend, I’m not your only friend, but I’m a little glowing friend, but really I’m not actually your friend. But I am.” Birdhouse In Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
8. “When I say it doesn’t matter, it matters most of all. You’re not up for conversation. So I’m blinded by it all.” Perfectly by Natalie Imbruglia
9. “When you’re so lonely, lying in bed. Night’s closed its eyes but you can’t rest your head. Everyone’s sleeping, all through the house. You wish you could dream but forgot to somehow.” Lullaby by Jack Johnson and Matt Costa
10. “Tiredness fuels empty thoughts. Find myself disposed. Brightness fuels empty space in search of inspiration.” Eskimo by Damien Rice
11. “Where d’ya come from?” “Mississippi.” “And your parents?” “Very wealthy.” We Both Reached for the Gun by Richard Gere, Renee Zellwegger, Christine Baranski & Cast (Chicago soundtrack)
12. “She’s taken me places I should never have been. She’s showing me faces I should never have seen.” Old Before I Die by Robbie Williams
13. “I don’t feel myself today, just a figure in a big Monopoly game. Struggle is the price you pay. You get just enough just to give it away.” Strong Enough to Break by Hanson
14. “Hey where did we go, days when the rains came. Down in the hollow, playing a new game.” Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
15. “Beautiful dawn lights up the shore for me. There’s nothing else in the world I’d rather wake up and see with you.” High by James Blunt
16. “___ ___ ___ ___, and I know that I should be. ___ ___ ___ ___, and I know that I never will.” I’m Not Over You by Scouting For Girls
17. “Are the stars out tonight? I don’t know if it’s cloudy or bright.” I Only Have Eyes For You by Jamie Cullum
18. “There’s a moment in my mind I scribbled and erased a thousand times. Like a letter never written or sent.” Sentimental Guy by Ben Folds
19. “Looks to me like heaven sent no lullaby kid, no five percent. Any way you wanna cut that cake she’s a-dying from the likes of abandonment.” She Looks To Me by Red Hot Chili Peppers
20. “There’s a place we used to be. There’s a face that I used to see. There’s a picture with you by my side. There’s a moment that I want to find.” I’d Wait For Life by Take That
21. “I try to discover a little something to make me sweeter. Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart.” A Little Respect by Wheatus
22. “It was a third of June, another sleepy, dusty delta day. I was out chopping cotton and my brother was bailing hay.” Ode to Billy Joe by Bobbie Gentry
23. “I’m full of regrets for all the things that I have done and said. And I don’t know if it’ll ever be OK to show my face around here.” Tangled by Maroon 5
24. “Wassup darling. I’ve been keeping my eyes on your movements. I can’t see no room for improvement. Oh why you all over there on your Jack Jones. You need to let me get behind your back bone.” Dance Wiv Me by Dizzee Rascal (I honestly have no idea how this got on my iTunes!)
25. “___ ___ ___, ___ ___ ___again. Racing through my brain. And I just can’t contain this feeling that remains.” There She Goes by The La’s

8 Comments:

At 8:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, I searching for the best information for vending machine~~*

and your Blog are very interesting too

i hope you to don't angry me to post this post for backlink

Please comeback to visit my blog too : vending machine

I'm sorry , If you think this is spam. but may i thank you again.

 
At 12:23 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

Woohoo! This game IS fun!

6: Downtown by Petula Clark.
7: Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might Be Giants.
14: Brown-Eyed Girl by Van The Man.
17: I Only Have Eyes For You by... all sorts of people. I'll guess it was the Simply Red/Mick Hucknall version

11 is very familiar... But where from...?

 
At 3:09 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Well done, PT.

17: It's the Jamie Cullum version...

11: Yes - you know it. It's a bit of a wild card...

 
At 12:59 am, Blogger kittycakes said...

i sooooo can't do this! wah! and i am supposed to be a lyrics person.

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

I cheated! No. 11 is from 'Chicago'. It was annoying me that I couldn't place it, so I ued Google... I'm sorry!

 
At 2:24 pm, Blogger Chris said...

So I come into this very, very late and find that a) I only recognise 2 one of which has been crossed out
b)the other one has been guessed by PT who was CHEATING and c) even if I wanted to play, I don't know how to strike through words.
c) isn't relevant anyway as probably no-one bothers to look at my blog anymore as I haven't posted for over a year.

Stamp feet and SULK

 
At 9:38 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

#4 - sounds like "Just My Imagination" by the Temptations, though yours refers to "him," so there must be another version.

#22 - "Ode to Billie Joe" by Bobbi Gentry.

+ the ones PT said. :-)

 
At 11:38 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Mum: it took me ages to figure out the strikethrough thing. I'm surprised you didn't get 22 though...

Mary: Well done! My version of 'Just My Imagination' is by Bette Midler, but that was way too obscure to matter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home