Thursday, June 18, 2009

If only everyone were as perfect as me (and with a little help they could be)...

Dear lady in the car behind me this morning,

When driving along a narrow road lined with parked cars, and coming across a skip lorry and a school bus trying to come the other way, it is not advisable to overtake the patient person letting them through (i.e. me) and blocking the road. They're considerably bigger and less maneuverable than you and you really have nothing to gain by getting in their way. Where exactly did you think they were going to go?

Just some friendly advice for the future...

Yours helpfully,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear sales assistant in Guildford PC World who tried to help me this morning,

It was my pleasure to show you a product on the internet that you didn't know you sell. You were probably a bit hungry or something, as it was nearly lunchtime, so I'll forgive you for telling me I didn't know what I was talking about (though you did it quite politely) and failing to apologise when I proved that I did.

Yours teeth-grindingly,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear customers on neighbouring table in Frankie & Benny's at lunchtime today,

It was Bobby Vee singing 'Take Good Care of My Baby", and not The Eversley (sic) Brothers.

Yours helpfully (and admittedly slightly patronisingly),
Jo

-oOo-

Dear sales assistant in Weybridge PC World who tried to help me this afternoon,

Next time someone asks you the difference between two apparently similar, but considerably differently priced products, just reading numbers off the boxes isn't helpful. When asked the difference between a speed of 1600 and 2100, "This one is 500 faster than that one" is not a particularly informative answer.

Yours none-the-wiserly,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear all sales assistants everywhere,

If you don't know something, please just admit it. Say you don't know and go and find someone who does. Honestly, trying to bluff your way through by reading what's printed on the box is not good customer service. Just so you know...

Yours surely-not-expecting-too-muchly,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear chemist,

It's lucky I was only getting gloopy cream for my skin today when you gave me the wrong thing for my prescription, rather than important drugs or something. It's also lucky I noticed.

Yours luckily,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear car washing men in Tesco's car park,

No, I don't want my car cleaned, thank you.

Yours repetitively,
Jo

-oOo-

Dear person on the phone this afternoon,

Using the words 'government legislation' 4 times in your opening spiel does not fool me for one minute into thinking you're not just trying to sell me something.

Yours exasperatedly,
Jo

3 Comments:

At 12:22 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

Dear Blogger,
Thank you for your amusing post today. It made me smile to myself. And to say "Yes! Tut! Blimey!" as well.
It also made me feel slightly guilty that I haven't posted for quite some time.
Yours happily,
Pete

 
At 12:51 am, Blogger kittycakes said...

I think perhaps you have a good biz idea here... pre-printed cards that one can hand out to the halfwits one encounters??? because i think i have also had to deal with every single one of these people. and i've never been in any of those shops (OK, probably the Tesco!)

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger chux said...

flipping blimey to righty!!! I don't think I could have bitten my tongue with that list of stupidity. I H-A-T-E PC World employees full stop. They are the most stupid people, and shouldn't be in that job. I've had many arguments over technology with so-called PC World Nerds who haven't got a clue. To be honest Jo never trust them, and always ask you brother, me or Dawson for advice if you need some.

Which reminds me of a 'pet peeve' I have that when you say to someone, talk to me before you buy tech ki. Then they don't and end up buying crap. Whats worse than inconveniencing a busy man, is when the same man finds out you've bought crap. I almost go into a rage when that happens to me. :-P

SO NOOOOOO dont spend in stupid PC World unless you get advice BEFORE you go in! If its a new PC, then I recommend DELL and NEVER - NEVER - NEVER buy a Celeron (or the equivalent from AMD)

i think i may have said too much! ha ha sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home