Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hello! I'm... who?


Commenting on a previous post led me to look something up that I've been meaning to check out for ages: who is Barry Scott of Cillit Bang fame?

Turns out he's a fictional person, but he has his own blog and even leaves comments on other (real) people's blogs! Hm... Viral marketing gone a step too far, perhaps.

Incidentally, there's a link on his blog to Paul Daniels' blog. I spent more time than I care to admit reading it this afternoon - it's strangely compelling (mainly, I think, because any minute I was expecting to find out that it wasn't actually the Paul Daniels. But his AOL name is rather subtly thepauldaniels, so I guess it must really be him...)

4 Comments:

At 11:00 pm, Blogger chux said...

you really do have a problem with being obsessed by cleaning products - you'll be getting shares in Brillo and Flash next!

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger chux said...

So you rate the Nizlopi Album - i'm strongly considering putting it on my wedding anniversary present list. (we make a big thing of it)
One of the guys who lives in Birmingham that posts on my blog says these guys are doing a free concert up there soon - i've asked him to let me know. I should come out of my comfort zone consider making the trip.

 
At 11:44 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Yes - I really like it. I bought it after I heard them do a live session on Radio 2 a while back.
Details of their Birmingham gig are on their website (would've done a link, but I don't know how :/). Unfortunately, they had to cancel their Irish tour because Luke's got flu, so hopefully it will go ahead...
They recently toured as support to Jamie Cullum, but the tickets sold out really quickly (and I'm not completely sure I could cope with a whole Jamie Cullum concert...)

 
At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not real? Not real! Oh I'm so upset – does this mean he didn't authorise the fantastic remix either?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home