Thursday, March 09, 2006

Picture this

I went to a concert the other day (or was it a gig?). Jack Johnson at Hammersmith Apollo. It was very good indeed (but I'm no music critic, so I'm not going to review it or anything...). However, what astonished me was the number of people taking photos with their phones the whole entire time.

Now, I get that you might want the odd shot or two of the artist you've paid money to see (especially when it was as difficult to get tickets as this was), but taking a picture of him singing each and every song - he's not Shirley Bassey - there's no costume change! And then taking pictures of your friends listening to him singing each and every song. Maybe a couple of pictures of yourself. And some more pictures of your friends. In the dark. Why? It annoyed me...

3 Comments:

At 5:03 pm, Blogger chux said...

yes that would be annoying I agree - I've not been to a concert for ages, I think the last one was Simply Red about blahhhhh 7 years ago?! Really fancy a good gig sometime - but dont fancy the journey there, unless I can take a hotwater bottle and a flask with me :) (oh and a small blanket to keep my knees warm)

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger Chris said...

How true about journeys, Chux. I can often talk myself out of going somewhere by just thinking of getting there and then having to come home again.

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Yes - evidently I hadn't been to a concert since they put cameras in phones!

The journey to Hammersmith was a doddle - even down to all the traffic lights being green!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home