Saturday, May 06, 2006

Ant-idote to contentment

I am writing this on a beautiful Saturday morning, sitting in bed (hurrah for wireless broadband!), contemplating the day ahead. All's right with the world. I'm up early - a rare thing for me on a weekend. I have put on the yucky cream to ease the eczema that's the bane of my life at the moment. I've eaten an Activia yoghurt to ward off that pesky digestive discomfort. I've made a lovely cup of tea, fired up the laptop and opened iTunes. And, quite unashamedly, I'm listening to Mmm Bop by Hanson - I don't care what you might think, it makes me feel summery and smiley, so there! What's more, today I have plans. I have to get a bit of housework done this morning, but it won't take long and I'll be able to enjoy a guilt-free weekend. I'll be playing some TopGolf this morning, and visiting a friend this afternoon who lives on a boat moored on an island in the Thames near Hampton Court. Hopefully, the weather will hold all day.


See how blissful and heavenly things are in the world of me? Well, there's a fly in the ointment. Or rather, an ant. Make that lots of ants. They're driving me crazy! I have no idea where they're coming in. They only appear in the living room, and there seems to be absolutely nowhere that they can get in. But there they are. Usually ants travel in neat lines and lead you directly to where they come from/go to, but not these cunning buggers. Oh no. They're the first ever random ants with no plan or schedule. They just wander aimlessly about my living room, no doubt laughing and holding up two teeny tiny fingers at me while I pull out the furniture and get down on my hands and knees searching for any sign of an ant front door with a little ant Welcome mat. Any ideas? Anyone?

3 Comments:

At 9:14 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

Ants: I have an idea, but its probably crap... here goes anyhow... Leave a neat pile of sugar on the floor... the ants will find it and carry it off to make boiled sweets and large pots of sweet tea back home ... simply follow one of the blighers (be very quiet and be prepared to hide behind the furniture in case they check to see if they are being followed).



This trick can also be used to entice Roadrunners, please dont try and catch one tho' as you may get hit by a train.... or truck.... or perhaps a falling rock.... and sometimes exploding TNT..... and then there's unpredictable fuses on rocket-packs....

It's just not worth it, honest. Stick with the ants.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

.....how stupid of me, you have to replace the sugar with ACME Bird seed of course for the above to work...

 
At 4:15 pm, Blogger chux said...

Beep beep! hmm not sure about the road runner madness from the other chap!!

Have had this trouble with ants in the living room too?? If it was the kitchen i'd understand!!!!!!!!! All i did was get that powder from woolies and spray a bit around the air vents outside the house. Then i hoovered the little blighters up and since i haven't seen them in that room again..

Good Luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home