Monday, May 15, 2006

Multi-tasking one thing at a time

I have been somewhat neglectful of blogging of late. Not only writing, but reading too. So, sorry about that. But in the world of me, where nothing much happens, anything happening distracts me from everything else. That's just how it is. I am grateful for my mundane life that's mostly quiet, because I just can't cope with too many things at once!

So, I have my lovely new job. And it's a bit difficult because there are so many things to learn. But tomorrow marks the launch of the first downloadable game that I've actually had a hand in. Hurrah!

And, to counteract the lots of thinking required in work time, I have started some new knitting that is perfect for not much thinking about not very much in non-work time. Last night I found myself knitting whilst listening to nearly classical music, instead of watching mind-numbing TV. I can't knit and watch TV at the same time, y'see, so I'm leading this alternative lifestyle that I've previously only read about in, er, lifestyle, erm, things. The good news is that the knitting involves a fair isle pattern and a bunch of increasing and decreasing and counting and stuff, so I'm at least exercising some bits of my brain in the process.

My only other bit of regular entertainment these past couple of weeks, as I'm currently between good books, is a Sudoku puzzle when I go to bed. I started doing Sudoku (does it need a capital 's'?) when they were first all the rage, but I found myself becoming obsessed and actually dreaming about them. So I stopped - went cold turkey. I now allow myself just the 'difficult' one in the paper. Unless it's not difficult enough, then I'll do the slightly less difficult one too, just so I feel I've got value for money. Though last night I did three of them. Hmm... I think I'd better be careful. If I dream about Carol Vorderman tonight, I'll be giving them up for good!

There's one more thing I have to tell you before I go. Some people who may read this will appreciate it for its incredibleness. Ready? I have made my bed every day for the past six weeks! Every day! Without fail! Now, I've never seen much wrong with an unmade bed - you just mess it up again, right? Especially when you're not home all day - no-one sees it, so who cares? Well, I'm converted. Made bed = tidy bedroom = calm and relaxed me. The fact that it's taken nearly 37 years to come to that conclusion is a bit scary, but I'm getting there. Just don't rush me...!

3 Comments:

At 9:05 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

I'm scared of Suduko.... it's just wrong. Even if I look at one too long I think I may start chanting in tongues, or perhaps asking a dustbin to "take me to its leader"

It's all wrong I tell you ... ALL WRONG.




where's my tin foil?

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

I think you're right - it's probably a conspiracy to brainwash us all. We'll soon be off to be 'upgraded' to cybermen!!

 
At 6:12 pm, Blogger chux said...

Dave's too COOL to watch Dr Who so he'll not be up to date with the 'upgrades' plot. Nice to see normality resuming a little.
Soduko is great, but thankfully i'm not obsessive about it. I enjoy it when I do it. My obsession comes with reading books!! I start having a read in bed then next thing I look at the clock and its 2 a.m and i have work in the morning and its guaranteed the kids will be up at 6 in the morning just to make me suffer. I also get to that point where I dream and think about the story when i'm not reading.
Reading a Ben Elton book called 'Past Mortem' at the moment and surprisingly enough its quite good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home