Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happily returning

Tomorrow is my birthday. Now, I don't like a fuss (actually I do), but this is the last birthday I'll be closer to 35 than to 40 so that warrants a bit of something. I'll be tootling off to the seaside at the weekend to have fun with some chums. Lovely!

Now then, the trouble with birthdays is the question "What do you want for your birthday?". I never know what I want. The best I can do is an Amazon wish list, which isn't the most exciting thing in the world. Not that I want to sound ungrateful, you understand, but these days we pretty much buy ourselves the stuff we want, and the stuff we don't buy (because it's too expensive) is too expensive to ask for as a gift anyway. (In case anyone's got too much money lying around and wants to buy me something expensive, I really want a new fancy digital SLR camera.)

What I really want is for someone to set up a shop that is a cross between Lakeland and Staples (Stakeland? Laples?) - kitchen gadgets and stationery. I'd spend my life and all my money there. It would be great.

I also want a pair of quiet flip-flops. In this wonderful hot weather, I've been very self-conscious in my quiet office when I'm walking around - clatter, clatter, clatter. I've taken to going barefoot, but I'm just not sure how professional that looks (but then again, how professional do flip-flops look...?).

Finally, I want cake. I love cake. And I am actually getting a cake. Tomorrow. On my birthday.

3 Comments:

At 3:33 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

well then, Happy Birthday!

My (now ex) wife asked for something expensive and unnecessary for her birthday once, so I bought her a course of chemotherapy (boom, boom)

Which digital SLR? I want a Nikon D50s

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger chux said...

I'd have thought flip flops in the hot weather would make more farty noises from the hot feet but what do i know i'm a guy.

I'm wondering why on earth you'd want to go for a nice time at the seaside by visiting Hastings the yukkiest yuk hole of the south. Just a short way along the coast is Eastbourne which is a most civilised place to go and has got loads trendier with its student culture and extensive redevelopment. (i'm on the "Come to Eastbourne" its much better than Hastings marketing group , can you tell?

have fun ......and stuff :)

 
At 2:21 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

OK, Chux, you were right about Hastings. But then again, the amusement arcades were plentiful, there was a terrific mad bloke 'singing' at the top of his voice who kept us entertained for a good half hour, chips, ice cream, sea for paddling and a shady hotel terrace with cold beer when we were pink and tired at the end of the day. All in all, just what I was after for my birthday jaunt!

Delmonti: I don't know what kind of camera - I know nothing about that kind of thing and, though I don't want to do anything too fancy, I do notice the limitations of my Fuji Finepix...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home