Monday, May 22, 2006

Normal service resumed

Emotional crisis over. That didn't take long, did it?

So, the scariest thing about your possibly bestest friend, 'not having to turn up to social events alone' partner and cinema-going chum finding out that you may possibly have feelings that are deeper than just friendship [breathe] is that you might just have lost something very important indeed.

That's what upset me the most. It wasn't finding out that he didn't feel the same way (which didn't entirely surprise me), but that he didn't reply to the 'breaking the ice' e-mail I sent after the situation came to light. The fear that things would never be the same again was what drove me to my bed and to seek solace from the gay cowboy love story.

But today I got the reply, and it was just fine and everything is just fine - except for the fact that Hotmail seems to think my plea from the heart to put this behind us and maybe be a bit more honest with each other in future should go in the 'junk mail' folder! Pah!

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts during this self-indulgent time.

End of badly-written post...

P.S. Other things that cheered me up today were: a visit from a colleague's nearly 1-year old little girl with the dirtiest laugh you've ever heard; hot chocolate; going to the doctors and not being told off for anything; changing my desktop picture to this...

5 Comments:

At 10:25 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

Yes - the thought that you might have brought one of your best friendships crashing down with a sickening 'thud' is definitely the worst bit.

I note this happened to both of us. Is it genetic, or does it happen to everyone?

I think that next time we should just go and Top Golf. Hitting balls with sticks very hard is always therapeutic. At least, it is for all the masochists that I know.

:-)

"Next time"?!?

 
At 10:35 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

I have no idea what anyone is talking about, and as a recognised and certificated engineer have every right to turn the whole subject on its head with something pointless and at times blunt and rude.

"I have dogs hockle on my blouse"


There..... I said it.

 
At 11:54 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

PT: I'm not planning on a next time - I don't have any other friends. Dammit - you're right about the TopGolf. I should have gone after all - I might have got a high score!!

Dave: you're better off not knowing. Incidentally, I just put "dogs hockle blouse" into Google and got a small assortment of nonsense. The only thing that looked like an actual 'proper' website was www.archeryoutdoors.com - though it also said "ADULTS ONLY (Hotsies)" so I thought I should give it a miss, given that I'm on my work computer...

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

all I can say is that "I have dogs hockle on my blouse" was something your brother said to me many years ago..... occasionally, when things are going horribly wrong I mutter that phrase to myself and end up crying with laughter...... it seriously buggers up funerals tho'

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger chux said...

still upset about missing out on commenting on 80's music !! damn - mind you I guess its just like 'older' people mentioning the 50's and 60's music to me when I was a lad. (thats not real music - here listen to Freddie and the Dreamers - and the like)

i'm aware that these comments have little to do with what your blog was about but it had to be said right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home