Saturday, September 16, 2006

You ain't seen nothing 'til you've seen the Millennium Falcon with a false moustache

It's Saturday and I have no plans. There's nothing that I have to do. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do (always!), but I have no commitments. Thomas is playing Lego Star Wars II (Best game ever!) on the PS2. So, I thought I'd post a blog.

Random things that have been going through my mind as I sit here drinking tea:-

1) Isn't it terrible that the only thing I have in the house that Thomas will eat for breakfast is a KitKat?
2) There is a soot stain on my wall from my lovely Muji Green Tea and Citrus scented candle. No doubt Kim and Aggie would have a splendid way of getting rid of it.
3) My Google Toolbar has updated itself and now, when I begin to type in something for a search, it tries to read my mind and tell me what I want to say.
4) My spider situation.
5) The fact that Thomas has been told by his teacher that he is not allowed to read the Agatha Christie book he started because it is too grown up and might contain 'language'. There is obviously a new updated version of Miss Marple that I hadn't heard about - more Catherine Tate than Joan Hickson.
6) The excited anticipation of a new Ikea catalogue is never quite matched by the experience of flicking through it.
7) Blogger doesn't seem too happy about numbered lists.
8) Rather than while away the rest of the weekend, I really should make a list of things I will do. Which calls for a sub-list to this list...

a) Print and frame my pictures of Paris - something I've been meaning to do
since, well, since I got back from Paris at the beginning of January.

b) Hang all my framed pictures that have been sitting around for a very long time indeed.

c) Clean out and re-stock my poor neglected fish tank.

d) Wash the filter thing on my Dyson that I only discovered last week, despite owning the thing for about 10 years.

e) Take all the old bedding to the rubbish dump - it has been filling up
the boot of my car for longer than I care to admit.

f) Now that there will be space in the car, go grocery shopping so I have food for more than just a day at a time.

Sounds like a plan, then. I'll make a start on all of that, just as soon as I've had another cup of tea.

5 Comments:

At 4:18 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Jo, your list makes me tired so I think I'll just go back to bed. Or have another cuppa tea and read your list again. Or wash my hair and walk the dog around Manhattan. Or put the final edit on some work I brought home for the weekend. Or go back to bed.

re: Miss Marple - don't know about a new written version, but the new TV series stars Geraldine McEwan and have all-star casts. Good ones. (Do we ever tire of Marple?) Perhaps Thomas's teacher has never read a Marple/Christie? Certainly no more "adult" than whatever the kids are reading/watching these days. Very "innocent" reading, to my mind.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Hee, hee - my list made me tired too, Mary! Suffice to say I haven't even started on it yet, and it's practically dinner time!

I'm on a bit of an Agatha Christie-reading kick at the moment, and mindful of the teacher's comments, I've been keeping an eye out for inappropriate words. Most of my books are fairly old paperbacks that have been picked up at charity shops and the like, and the only word that I've come across so far that is unacceptable in our time is a word beginning with 'n' (as in 'Ten Little ...'). I've now doubt that if I bought a new edition of the book where I found that one (The Mysterious Affair at Styles), the offending word will have been replaced with something else. I'm going to do just that, and challenge the teacher to find offence... Possibly...

 
At 2:39 pm, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That's clever - lists within lists. I am impressed!

Do challenge the teacher! How can a book - certainly of the Agatha christie variety - be too grown-up if he enjoys it?

Didn't like the Geraldine Mcewan Marple; nobody can compare with Joan Hickson.

 
At 11:52 pm, Blogger chux said...

Agatha Christie still causing controversy all these years later eh! What really happened to her when she went missing? :)

Seriously though the teacher needs a slap for stupidity. I think the images on the paperback books can be disturbing but stories are excellent. Occassionally they can have some grusome details but rarely.

I think they just have forgotten good literature when they read. If its not Shakespear or including Wizards with Sticks they dont know what to do with it!!

StarWars Lego Rocks!!!

 
At 11:58 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

Miss Marple.... that'll be my great grandmother then

 

Post a Comment

<< Home