Friday, March 09, 2007

Driving Miss Jo

On Tuesday I was thinking "6th March - that date seems familiar...". Then I realised that it was the day I passed my driving test - 20 years ago. TWENTY YEARS! How did that happen?

My first car was my Dad's Austin Maxi. It was a challenge to drive and was probably what's made me a confident driver ever since. It was a knack to get into 5th gear, only really possible at the bottom of a steep hill and with some nifty double de-clutching to boot.

Quite a few cars later, I'm now thinking about what to get next. I currently drive a cute convertible Citroen and its lease is up later this year. The most sensible thing money-wise would be to get another Citroen, and I'm thinking the dancing, skating C4. I'm a sucker for the clever ads. Plus it's a grown-up car. I suppose I should be grown-up... Maybe...

3 Comments:

At 3:19 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

I had a look at C4's last year, but was put off by the faults reported by owners. There's a tun of stuff on the web about it.... If I had the choice again I'd go for a Yaris, cheap but well made and very very reliable

 
At 8:14 pm, Blogger chux said...

I'll agree and argue with you both on this one!

Yes the C4 is a clever little number and the ad is great. Also I like the Yaris, because it has Japanese reliability built into it. Plus I do like the new dashboard!

but......

I'd go for the best of both and come out with a new Honda Civic. Very high tech and it doesnt have the reliability issue's that citroen have. Financially it is good as it holds its value well and has 'good residuals' which matters when you lease cars.

Check out one go on ....they are better on lease than buying on the forecourt. Whereas Citroen are cheap but lose much more in value quicker and thus they are pricier to lease 'in comparison'.

Or so the brochures tell me anyway ha ha ha!!

 
At 12:59 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Funny, I don't remember the exact date I got my driver's license, but it would have been either my 16th birthday or a day afterwards, since I wanted that little piece of paper at the earlies possible date.

Can't wait to ride around in whatever sporty new wheels you choose next time I'm in England! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home