Friday, June 01, 2007

Beep Beep Beep Beep Yeah!

So I've been and gone and done it. I bought myself a shiny new car!

I tried to be sensible, but in the end I couldn't resist something a little bit sporty.

Honestly - I did try to like the grown up cars. I test drove a Toyota Auris (yawn), a Honda Jazz (I can't bring myself to own a car called a Jazz) and a Honda Civic. The Civic was OK, but I didn't love it. And the model I could afford was just... too... sensible!

Besides, at the beginning of my casual 'just looking', I saw it. The car I really wanted. Shiny and sleek and pretty (well, I thought so, anyway). So, I booked a test drive, and it was just as much fun to drive as I thought it would be. In fact, just sitting in it, I knew that was the one.

So, what is this mythical automobile? A Vauxhall Astra, that's what! I know! An Astra! I used to own a bright yellow old-style Astra - the engine blew up at the Glastonbury Festival. And I never imagined I'd own another one. But my secret favourite car was a bog-standard Cavalier that I always really loved to drive, and it seems to me that the new Astra is the old Cavalier.

Anyway, this is sounding like a boy's blog! So the thing that you really need to know is the colour: Panacotta. Pearlised silvery beige to you...

And finally... the most important consideration when making this kind of decision: they've got a great ad!

4 Comments:

At 10:14 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

I do like that ad. If they're good enough for Kevin Spacey, then they're good enough for anyone.

 
At 12:13 pm, Blogger Delmonti said...

I like the Astra, they look the biz..... and its not a Ford

 
At 12:34 pm, Blogger chux said...

Nice buy! I agree with Dave the purchase could have been worse.

I recently bought a new car too, its a little Mitsubishi Colt. Its just right for our 'simpler' life down here by the sea. I had to go for simple yet smart black for my colour choice. I'll be honest Panacotta doesn't sound so much a colour as a foot complaint, but i'm sure its looks great.

nice to see you back online again, obviously the car search took up much more of your time than expected!

 
At 3:00 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Congrats on the new ride, Jo! But I thought panacotta was that flat toasted Italian bread with toppings. Shouldn't the car be red? Well, whatever it's called, it looks good. (And don't you just love the smell of a new car?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home