Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolute reflection

As we're on the cusp of another new year, I thought I'd take a look back and see what I said at the beginning of this one.

Aha - true to form, I chose not to write too much about resolutions, because making them always leads to breaking them, but I was pretty specific about a goal that Mum and I set ourselves to walk a walk over the year. Hmm... shame we only managed the first leg of the walk... Must try harder. But it just goes to show that resolving to do something means that it very rarely gets done.

No other resolutions made for 2007 means I don't have to sit here now and make excuses for breaking them/failing them. Which is a good thing.

But, I just can't help myself and, in an unspoken, not-telling-anybody way, I always make some kind of determination to myself that next year will be different. This time, I can tell you that next year will be different because:
  • I'll almost certainly need to find a new job
  • I'm already well on the way with my weight loss goals
  • I've already got a plan for getting rid of a bunch of my credit card debt
  • I've already established a gym routine that has seen my fitness levels improve enormously over just 8 weeks
  • My skin is finally getting better after a year of horribleness
I'm excited to ponder what life holds for me in the year to come - it's been a very long time since I've been able to say that. And I'm excited to wonder what I will be writing in this spot this time next year when I look back on this post.

I will try to resolve to blog more... But I'm not making any promises...

1 Comments:

At 3:14 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

I'm lousy at keeping resolutions. No excuses. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

Do check in once in a while (blogwise, that is) just to let us know all is well.

And best of luck with the new job search -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home