Saturday, November 14, 2009

It won't change me... much...

With mind-boggling lottery wins in the news recently, it made me think about how my life would change if I did win the jackpot (or even half the jackpot - I'm not greedy!). And, as so often happens(!), I was inspired to put my thoughts into something resembling a poem, but without the pesky contraints of rhyme...
If I win the lottery, I'll still have a messy house
Because it's not a lack of money that makes me untidy.

If I win the lottery, I'll still have an empty fridge
Because it's not poverty that makes me hate going to Tescos.

If I win the lottery, I'll still waste loads of time
Because it's not being skint that makes me prone to
procrastination.

If I win the lottery, I'll still be overweight
Because it's not a shortage of funds that makes me eat chocolate.

If I win the lottery, I'll still have bad hair days
Because it's not being poor that makes my hair so thick and curly.

If I win the lottery, I'll still be the same person,
But in a bigger house.

Now, I'd better go and buy my ticket, because I'd like a bigger house...

4 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, Blogger Chris said...

I'm really glad you'd still be the same person.... 'cos you're great!

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Amen, sister! Still, there are SOME things that having a little extra cash might change. Like incessant worry about making ends meet. I do believe I'd be the same person, though. Good luck to us both!

 
At 10:46 pm, Blogger chux said...

Very honest of you lovey. Its not the solution to our problems, but will clear the mortgage. Ooooo and bring you some nice and most sincere new friends! Actually i'd not bother with the lottery ticket. Just use the money on some chocolate.......hmmm Cadbury goodness!

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger chux said...

thought i'd better post this reply here too

York was lovely. Even though i've been before, this visit seemed to be the best. I loved the city and its sights. Would go again..again

Seeing you at the wedding was great. It was like seeing an old friend! (that i've never met before) I wish i'd had more of a chance to chat than I did. My head was whizzing and buzzing. Although I can be like that anyway, I was more whizzy and buzzy than normal. Next time I promise to be calmer! I did enjoy it and I'm sure Dave and Liz did too.

When we lived in our little flat in Addlestone, Station Rd, we spent half our life it seemed in Safeway. It's doesn't surprise me that Emma remembers you, we probably kept the place open with our numerous purchases. Just to prove it look at the place now! We have moved and it has been demolished....I rest my case ! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home