Saturday, March 18, 2006

The c word

I'm staying up too late and, as I often do, have switched on to 'Celebrity Poker' (oh, I know!). What is so fantastic about this particular programme is the calibre of celebrities at the table. Whilst it's fair to say that Craig Charles and Keith Allen are bona fide well-known figures (in the UK, anyway), how do "Britain's leading baseball presenter, Jonny Gould" and "MD of Britain's largest concierge service" (whose name I didn't catch) find themselves on any talent booker's books?

While I'm on the subject, I am currently entertained by the advert in which a "celebrity beauty editor" sings the praises of the latest skincare super-ingredient (polyblahdipeptics, or something) that will give you celebrity results and a celebrity complexion. She tells us that we might expect to pay a "celebrity price" for such an amazing thing, but no, us mere mortals can enjoy celebrity-type skin at a non-celebrity-type price.

So, if I say that I am a celebrity to a large enough audience, does that make me one?

I'll start small with you, dear readers: "I'm a celebrity! Listen to me!". (Now, when am I on 'Richard & Judy'?)

3 Comments:

At 9:00 pm, Blogger chux said...

C word did make me think I was going to have to tell you to wash your mouth out with soap and water! But alas no panic you were speaking of celebrity.

But speaking of the C word, I dont know if you already know this or not but Dave Dawson (mate of Pete's and mine who blogs as Delmonti)was in a 'Reality Show'a couple of years back where he was a prisoner. The reason I mention this was that he brought the show crashing down arguing with another 'in-mate' who was playing up to the cameras. In this arguement Dave used the C word as a noun, pronoun, verb, adverb you name it. It led to a decision on the part of the BBC to allow the word to be aired or not. Up until that time it had always been bleeped out. They decided to allow it to be shown un-bleeped and now Dave has the honour of being the first person to use the C word on the BBC. (and not a lot of people know that)

 
At 3:13 pm, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

You are a celebrity to us, Jo!

 
At 5:52 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Aww - thanks, Liz! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home