Sunday, March 19, 2006

Infamy, Infamy!


Aha! Thanks to MaryB I have just resolved something that's been bugging me: why does 15th March ring a bell with me? I've been thinking I'm missing someone's birthday or an important anniversary, or something. But it's the ides of March. Of course! And on this 15th March, I was told that my job is being made redundant. How appropriate... Someone in corporate HR land has a sense of humour after all! :/



Caesar: Who is it in the press that calls on me? I hear a
tongue, shriller than all the music
Cry "Caesar!" Speak. Caesar is turn'd to hear.
Soothsayer: Beware the ides of March.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 pm, Blogger chux said...

Are you being made redundant? Good old Corporate Headcount Realignment? If so I'm really sorry. Saying that, obviously they didnt appreciate your sense of humour so stuff them!

It's happened to me too many times and it never gets easy. All the best.

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger jomoore said...

Thanks, chux. Technically, it's my 4th time - but the first time it's being done 'properly'. I'm trying to be sensible and mature, as I'm hoping to be 'redeployed' in an exciting new job. Currently in limbo until I hear more...

 
At 3:15 pm, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That's tough, Jo. Hope your redeployment is even more exciting than you expect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home