Saturday, August 11, 2007

When Saturday came

Today is the start of the football season. Not being a football fan myself, I'm not sure how you can tell - football never seems to go away - but I have my sources...

To mark the occasion, I spent the day sitting in the sun, reading and listening to my beloved iPod. I also managed to launder everything washable in the house that's not clothing: curtains, blankets, bedding, rugs, etc. So here I sit at the end of the day feeling relaxed and satisfied at my domestic endeavours.

I have a pale complexion, not prone to tanning. It's the same skin tone I've had all my life, so I don't know why I'm always surprised when I don't tan. I sat in the sun for a good number of hours today, and expected to come indoors glowing and healthy-looking. But, of course, the usual pale face looked back at me in the mirror when I went to check. Still, the vitamin D hit will have done me some good.

I read half a book and listened to a lot of Ben Folds (and his Five).

One thing I didn't manage to do was to buy a lottery ticket, so today will be the day that my numbers come up. I won't look, then I'll never know...

2 Comments:

At 10:15 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

I've been playing Pessimistic Lottery for years now. I often pick lottery numbers but never buy a ticket and then sit in front of the TV praying my numbers dont come up.

So far I've won (I think thats the right term) at least £2 every week for the last 6 years. (by saving the £1 ticket on Wednesdays and Saturdays)

 
At 10:17 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

could that make me the luckiest lottery player in the world?

I think I'll blow this week winnings on a fry up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home