Sunday, December 30, 2007

It's better than digging a ditch

Don't panic - I'm giving the introspective, me-me-me posts a rest for a bit...

So. Car washes. They're suddenly everywhere - have you noticed?
I usually take my car to the one in Ottershaw (or is it Addlestone? I'm not quite sure where the edge is...) and they do a really good job. Plus they're a very friendly and non-intimidating bunch of chaps who just happen to be Eastern European. And, it was the first of its kind in this area to my knowledge. Suddenly there are loads of them - garages and car dealers are closing, to be replaced by a hand car wash.

It's a good thing because, back in the day, it would cost the best part of £100 and half a day to get your car valeted, inside and out, to a similar standard. Or doing it yourself, which is never as good (who can be bothered to vacuum in every nook and cranny? And who paints there own tyres black?). There's always the automatic car wash at the petrol station. I went in one today, but it left most of the dirt behind, so I won't be wasting my money on that again.
Oh yes, there's always the jet wash, but I'm intimidated by those. How do you know when the soap's going to stop? What if you're only halfway round your car? What if you run out of change? Don't you get very, very wet? No, thanks.
So, it's back to the drive-thru, by-hand, car wash for me next time. Painted tyres and free air-freshener, thank you very much.

2 Comments:

At 11:03 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

Those Jetwash things are for men only. Of course they cant actually say that, but there's no getting away with it, it's XY only.

Who else would combine washing a car with a hint of competitiveness and a little guesswork thrown in?

 
At 10:45 pm, Blogger petercmoore said...

I disagree about the men-only comment. I have seen several speciality videos starring young, nubile women who wash their cars in the jetwash and, due to unforseen circumstances, become very wet and their clothes all fall off...

Erm. Did I type that out loud?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home