Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm still here...


...because I didn't win the lottery. I know you've been wondering...

By the way, when I was looking for the link above, I came across Cape Disappointment - a State Park in Washington. It used to be called Fort Canby State Park. I wonder what possessed them to rename it. Perhaps everyone that visited said "It's not as good as I thought it would be". What a shame. It looks lovely in the pictures - and it's got 2 lighthouses, an amphitheater (sic) and a horseshoe pit, among many other things. It's probably got a self esteem issue too!

(Aha! I just read some more of the site, and it turns out that that's its original name, from when it was discovered by Captain John Meares He was actually looking for the Columbia River!)

1 Comments:

At 8:43 am, Blogger Liz Hinds said...

For the first time in his life husband bought Lottery tickets last weekend (he is REALLY fed-up at work!) He got one number.

I was hoping you had won so I could write you a begging letter. Ah well, never mind, there's always ... um ...

Cape D does look lovely. Captain Meares must have been really fed-up with work too to take it out on an innocent cape! I hope everyone who visits it writes lovely things in the visitors' book and that the park ranger stands at night, on the end of the cape, and reads them aloud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home