Thursday, January 17, 2008

If you want to get a head...

Humour me, if you will, whilst I show off a little.

For the first time ever I finished something that I started knitting! I decided to knit a hat for my sister-in-law, as a Christmas present. I'd recently bought a book of lovely knitted gifts, and I thought she'd like this particular hat, but my previous record of knitting didn't bode well for it actually getting done. However, I persevered (and bought some 'backup' Christmas presents, just in case) and was putting the finishing touches to it at about 11pm on Christmas Eve. Phew!

I was very happy with the results - what do you think?

I've started the matching scarf - I'm sure I can manage to finish it by next Christmas!

3 Comments:

At 3:47 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Love it! Do one for me! I've always meant to learn to knit. I can crochet - got to be all the rage back in college - but not knit. Someday . . .

Congratulations on the lovely hat. Not only did you finish it, you did a great job!

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

is it possible to knit trousers?

 
At 6:28 pm, Blogger Chris said...

Just don't knit Delmonti a swimsuit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home