Thursday, February 28, 2008

End of an EAra

Ah yes - I told you that I had some news. Then I forgot to tell you what the news is!

Well, I'm finally leaving my job! It's been a long time coming, this redundancy, and I couldn't be happier. I feel like the time is right for a bit of a break and pastures new.

Tomorrow (yes, tomorrow!) is my last day, and it all feels a bit odd, after six and a half years of working in the glass palace that is EA Chertsey. Everyone is moving out as the company is relocating to Guildford, but I'm more emotional about leaving the building than leaving my job - I'm not sure what that says...

So, what next? Well, for the time being - nothing. I've fallen just short of qualifying for my 7-week paid sabbatical, so I'm taking it anyway - to have a complete break from anything work-related - then I'll start thinking about what to do next. I'm lucky that I'm in the position that I can take a few months off, and I really want to take full advantage to de-stress and get some perspective back.

And... relax.

4 Comments:

At 2:31 am, Blogger Chris said...

Good luck, Jo - I just know things will turn out well for you.

Just think....... we can go to Ikea whenever we like! Mind you, I'll miss seeing Thomas every day.

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Delmonti said...

wow..... go for it Jo. Sounds like a plan you have there.

 
At 11:28 am, Blogger chux said...

It always looked a nice building to work. why are they relocating? Its was a nice facility their I thought.

Giving yourself some time I think is important. When Sequent made me redundant years and years ago (obvious;y I returned again later) I was so emmotionally shocked that I needed some time for a break and to reassess life. Oh and I found out 3 days later that my wife was pregnant!

I can understand though if you have been stressing out, its good to chill. You will be ready for the next chapter.

Hope you are ok and its going well for you! All the best, and I might send you an email to catch up with the gossip if you are in the mood for it !!

btw.. take a short break down to the coast! Walking along the beach is great for the mind and body.

 
At 1:43 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

So how's the sabbatical going? Hope you're doing something fabulously fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home