Monday, February 18, 2008

Very nearly an armful

I got an award today. It's nice to get an award.

I got a bronze award from the National Blood Service, as today I gave my tenth blood donation. That's more than a whole person-full of blood!

I find it a pleasant way to spend half an hour, in the company of friendly ladies who are always happy to see you. They look after you, let you have a lie down, and then give you orange squash and a biscuit when you're finished. And the warm feeling of having done a good thing is a nice bonus.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 pm, Blogger MaryB said...

Good for you, Jo! I've been a regular Red Cross blood donor for almost 30 years, though I haven't donated since coming to New York. And now that I've been to sub-saharan Africa, I'm not sure I can anymore. I must find out. I got my "gallon" pin during the 90's and am quite proud of it.

O+, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home